Applied Carbine focuses on applying the fundamentals of precision rifle marksmanship to the field-use of carbine platform rifles. The course will give carbine shooter the skills and tools necessary to place accurate shots on targets at intermediate ranges. The course will take place at MRRA’s off-site training location and will cover the use of terrain features in firing scenarios, the use of Low Power Variable Optics (LPVO’s) and other magnified optics, and optimal gear selection for the purposes of hunting or tactical shooting. The shooter will engage targets while moving through diverse firing lanes. The target field will feature steel and IDPA style targets from 25 yards to 600 yards.
The shooter will leave this course with a total of 5 hours of training and the confidence to accurate place rounds on target at close to intermediate distances with a carbine for hunting or tactical field-use. MRRA Instructors will contact each individual to conduct final coordination with complete details prior to the start of the course.
- Fundamentals of rifle marksmanship
- Advantages/Limitations of the carbine in hunting and tactical scenarios
- Utilizing magnified optics
- Utilizing terrain features for support
- Utilizing tripods, shooting sticks, and slings
- Transitioning from close distance to intermediate distance targets.
- Carbine (Pistol Caliber Carbines prohibited)
- Magnified Optic or Dot Optic with Magnifier
- 6 magazines
- Eye and ear protection
- 250 rounds of ammunition minimum (Armor Piercing/Green Tip ammunitions prohibited)
- Pack/Bag capable of carrying necessary equipment
- Extra Ammunition
- Extra Magazines
- Chest Rig/Magazine Carrier
For any further questions please email: Rob.Mills@missionridgerange.com