The MRRA Defensive Handgun Intermediate course introduces students to efficient pistol shooting techniques. A brief review of fundamentals from Introduction to Handgun will be covered and how they correspond to the practical application of pistol shooting. Students will learn the proper self-defense methods of a pistol without the use of a holster and progress to working from the draw in and out of the holster safely and effectively. Other skills covered in the course: stoppages and malfunctions, empty mag/tactical reloads, multiple target engagements, pivots and shooting on the move.
– Serviceable firearm
– eye protection
– ear protection
– sturdy strong side belt holster that fits your firearm
– double pistol mag carrier that fits your belt.
– at least 4 magazines
– 200 rounds of quality ammunition
– closed-toed shoes or boots
– spare firearm
– knee and elbow pads
– range bag
– cleaning kit and lubrication
– pen and small notebook
– hat for protection from hot brass