San Antonio | LTC – Texas License to Carry
The MRRA Texas License To Carry (LTC) class is a 6+ hour course to prepare and qualify students for the Texas LTC qualification.
- State & Federal Weapons Laws
- Use of Force
- Situational Awareness and Nonviolent Dispute Resolution
- Handgun use, Safety, and Storage Practices
With an engaging, relaxed, and fun atmosphere, we keep safety a top priority. We cover Texas State and Federal Laws and apply them in the learning environment. There is a written exam at the end of the course and a shooting proficiency test. The shooting proficiency test is designed to test your knowledge and skills of safe operation, handling, loading, unloading, and ability to shoot a handgun out to 15 yards. Please feel free to bring food and drink into our classroom (not permitted on the range) as there is no break for lunch. If you haven’t filled out our safety waiver prior to arriving, please fill it out now HERE.
- Functional handgun
- Semi-automatic or revolver (.22lr caliber and up)
- Rentals are available, must purchase our ammunition
- If using a semi-auto, 2 functional magazines
- At least 100 rounds of ammunition for your handgun (ammo is available for purchase)
- Eye and Ear protection (rentals are available)
- State ID or equivalent
- Note taking material (pen and paper)
- Snacks/ drinks
- This course will not teach you how to shoot, private lessons available HERE.
- There is a shooting qualification to get your license, therefore you must be able to manipulate and shoot a firearm.
- A LTC is not required to purchase or own a firearm.
- You do not have to have a LTC to have your gun in your home or in your vehicle.
Private License to Carry Courses Available! Please email email@example.com for all inquiries.
Request A Class
“I just completed the LTC course at Mission Ridge Shooting Range. The instructor, Stephen Jones, is phenomenal! He is an awesome story teller teacher, that emphasizes the learning objectives with stories and deconstructs the regulations so that one can clearly understand. Stephen also gives you scenarios where one uses the concepts he just taught. As adult learners, he also understands repetition. His animated and humor infused teaching style keep our huge class attuned for the all day course, and ensured that we were all successful and passed! Thank you Stephen and Mission Ridge! I highly recommend this teacher and course without reservations!” – Darlene M.
“Took my LTC there very professional knowledgeable instructor. The atmosphere was great and the Sales department were great also very nice facility.” – Bobby S.
“Stephen, took your course on Saturday for the LTC, it was very informative. I just wanted to let you know that you were an excellent instructor and found you to be very knowledgeable. Really glad I was able to get my first firearm and now my LTC. ” – Quasim B.
“Just finished a LTC class with wife and dad. What a great class. Would recommend it to anyone interested in getting their LTC.” – Paul