San Antonio | Level 2 – Weapons Transition
Level 2 Weapons Transition (Rifle to Pistol) Course is a 4-hour course designed for advanced level shooters. The purpose of this course is to create a level of tactical and technical proficiency to be able to manipulate both weapons systems in case of a malfunction and/or a weapon runs dry of ammunition.
Have an understanding of manipulations of both rifle and pistol to ensure smooth transitions utilizing good fundamentals and safe weapons handling. Pistol/Rifle Level 1 classes are available, or a Private Lesson is available to help ensure success in this course.
This course will cover the following:
- Weapon and gear set-up
- Defensive accuracy
- Movement to target
- Economy of motion
- Weapons stoppages (Malfunctions/Reloads)
- Different shooting positions
- Transition from Rifle to Pistol
- A semi-automatic pistol (no revolvers)
- A sturdy OWB (outside the waist band) holster (no serpa holsters)
- 3 magazines per weapon system
- Eye/Ear Protection (preferably those that do not disrupt cheek weld)
- A rigid belt
- Magazine carriers
- 200 rounds per weapon system (no steel core or steel cased) extra ammo is always good.
- Proper clothing and footwear
- A positive attitude and willingness to learn