When purchasing a firearm, the first thing to ask yourself is "What am I going to use this for?" Manufacturers are asking this all the time on your behalf, creating new models that fit different needs, so it is only a matter of matching the model to your purpose. Easier said than done, but that’s where we can help! Let us work with you to identify firearm models that fit you and meet all your needs.
Topics to consider while shopping for a gun:
Recoil – For pistols, the size of the pistol affects recoil. Smaller pistols tend to have more felt recoil & larger pistols have less due to the overall mass of the gun. For rifles and shotguns, get something that can perform to your needs but not something that is so uncomfortable to shoot that you will only want to shoot once!
Primary Application - Be realistic on what you want to use it for. If you don't need to conceal the pistol, you may want to go with something larger that fits you well and offers a larger round count. Additionally, if you are hunting small to medium game 99% of the time then get something that fits that need instead of something for the other 1% of the time you are hunting bigger game. When you are ready to address another application, buy another gun!
Carrying Location (handguns) - The dimensions of the pistol and the type of holster will play a large part in where you will carry comfortably. Whether you plan to appendix carry, carry on the hip, or at your lower back, the key is to find the balance between concealability and shootability that suits you. If you aren't comfortable, the chances are you will not carry.
Fit – We are all different and the fit of one gun may not be the same for you as it is for someone else. It is important to choose a pistol, rifle or shotgun that fits you as best as possible. If you are comfortable with the firearm and it fits correctly, you will find that you can be much more effective.